I’d like to do a brief recap of the food I ate yesterday, the Fourth of July:
- Milton Sausage Links
- Scrambled Eggs with Creamed Onion and Spinach
- Raspberry Danish
- Coffee with Whole Milk and Stevia
- Pastrami and Pepperoni Sandwich on a Whole Wheat Kaiser Roll
- An Entire Blueberry Pie (eaten in 2 minutes)
- Conch Fritters with Red Pepper Aioli
- Pan Seared Halibut with Olive Tapenade
- And a Grapefruit Margarita
When did the Fourth of July become synonymous with gluttony for me? Ok, Ok, the Pie is because of the Annual Bethany Beach Pie Eating Contest, so that explains that particular excess, but how about the rest?
Our founding forefathers were not men of wanton gorging. Except maybe for Benjamin Franklin.
So I guess that’s it, then. I emulate Ben.
Meh, it could be worse.